Approved TSNIITOCHMASH MON 250 Pursuit Denial/Anti-Personnel Landmine

TheFlyingPotato

Sep 2, 2020
efd0555bfa59743264f7e4e9de37f52e.jpg

Model: MON 250 Pursuit Denial/Anti-Personnel Landmine

Size: Small. No larger than a full size handgun.

Legality: Available to Russian Armed Forces, SSO and Intelligence units. Also sold to foreign nations with ties to Russia and on occassion, companies willing to pay the right price.

Faction: In use with Russian Armed Forces, SSO and Intelligence units.

Manufacturer: TSNIITOCHMASH

Intent: An anti-personnel mine with a modular trigger system is always a fantastic thing to have available to any writer, and the theft of a shipment of these advices is more or less a plot thread that writes itself.

Additionally, in the hands of miscreants and ne'er do wells, this can prove to be be devastating to the right or the wrong people. In the hands of certain corporate operatives, it can keep trouble off their backs. Especially in urban areas where it becomes far easier to track and sneak up on someone without their notice, but the chance of friendly fire and collateral damage is also relatively high.

Description: The mine features two triggers. The main trigger is a radio command detonation system. When the detonator received the correct activation signal over a preconfigured encrypted channel, it will detonate.

The second trigger is modular, and can be one of the following: electric tripwire, laser tripwire, seismic detector and motion detector. All of these can be set to ignore detonation signals if friendly IFF signals are in the area or not, but this has to be done before the device is armed.

The device features an adhesive on the back. A single pack contains four devices and enough detonators as well as a remote control device that can sync with a HUD or Cyberoptic to observe the status of the mines and detonate, arm or disarm them.

Each mine contains 450 grams of C-6, which is a non-volatile compound. This means that the mine cannot be 'touched off' by other explosives or by shooting at them. Each mine has a 'range' of 20-30 meters in front of it.

In true Russian fashion, they are relatively inexpensive all things considered, but hard to acquire outside of the country without the right connections.